Sunday, April 05, 2020

Covid19 in the UK - Oxford - 5 April 2020

What if we positive with COVID19 or have symptoms of COVID19???

I've been talking with my best friends yesterday on this issue. It fell good that all of us gave our opinion on how to stay positive and calm during this situation. Plus, I have a fever two days ago, my emotion was a little bit down. Frankly speaking, I think my fever was due to DPhil workload.. hehehe. But anyway, I'm so much better now, alhamdulillah.

What if we have COVID19?or the symptoms

UK handles COVID19 differently from Malaysia, thus I do believe I need to have different pathways and views on coping with the issues. Here are what we conclude from our discussion and I really hope that these can benefit all the readers in some ways :) The least that I can do to help in this difficult time.

1. First of all, be grateful, Alhamdulillah that Allah has chosen us to experience part of this test. Most importantly remember, most of us are still young that our antibody will and can fight COVID19, in sha Allah.

2. Remember, it is not the end of your life. I was so grateful when I had a fever. Why? Because it has been ages that I don't feel sick or insecure. Allah wants me to seek for him and I can't say more than Alhamdulillah for this blessing. I pray Allah to help me to be closer to him, to remember him, to miss him, and Allah is answering my prayer through fever. Allah is the greatest. :)

3. Follow all the government's rules and NHS advice. In the UK, who has shown symptoms of COVID19 don't need to be tested unless if the symptoms become severe. These are some websites that those in the UK need to be aware of:

Advice for everyone
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
--Taken from the website:

Treating coronavirus symptoms at home

To help yourself stay well while you're at home:
  • rest and sleep
  • drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration – drink enough so your pee is light yellow and clear
  • take paracetamol to lower your temperature

Check if you have COVID19 symptoms
https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19/
--remember, COVID19 is a new virus and little is known about this virus. Even though if you have a slight fever or cough, this NHS website will consider you to potentially contracted with the virus. They will advise you what to do next and you will also receive text messages with advice from NHS.
--I filled in the form and I request an isolation note. I don't have too, but just for my memory. See below :)


4. This is the time to reflect on your life and your relationship with Allah :) - My husband and I have scheduled our daily quran/tazkirah time together with Yusuf. Allah is the greatest. Even though I had been sick (minor fever even for one day and half only) has really changed my life. The power of a test, especially during this pandemic that really transforms me and my family life towards a better direction in sha Allah.

That's all for today. Stay safe and stay healthy all my lovely readers. Most importantly, be grateful and stay blessed :) Allah loves us.


Love





No comments:

Post a Comment