Thursday, November 17, 2016

A friend in need, is a friend indeed

16.11.2016

Felt so tired today, just finished the last participant around 9.30pm. I'm thinking of my husband, he must be waiting for me to come home. I guess, this is the sacrifices  need to be made by every of the doctoral students.

I knew that I missed the bus at 9.30pm. "just wait for the 10pm one", I whispered to myself. I preferred to just wait inside the CCRF instead of outside because it was very chilly.

Huck was there and I knew he was double tired than me, struggling with the research and transfer report at the same time. We had a chat. Even though it was a very short and simple one, it was very meaningful.

Huck: Such a very long day ya
Me: Yes, anyway we made it through, Yeay. Huck, I met Paul two days ago. I thought I was doing well but I'm actually not.
Huck: Why?
Me: Paul asked me so many questions based on what I can do. Unfortunately, I can't answer it. I can perform but I didn't understand the principles overlying it.
Huck: It was absolutely fine. You are here not even two months and lots of things you have done by yourself. I can see that you started to optimize your skills and interact more with participant while performing. You are improving day by day. The thing now is just that you need to start understand slowly the principles overlying all the activities that we have done here. No worries you will be fine. ......(Huck plan my target for one year).... Well, just remember one thing, don't do the progress report last minute like me. Lol
Me: Of course I need to do it early Huck. I need to struggle with the English writing as well.
Huck: Don't worry, we make sure you will make it through....

The last sentences beat my heart. Thank you Allah, for surrounds me with lots of helpful and nice friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment