Monday, November 14, 2016

Tip4 PhD4all: Weekly Progress Report

One of the things that I always do after meeting my supervisor, Paul is progress report. I meet him on our agreed day every Monday, usually around 1.30pm.

Is it so important to document the meeting? 
Yes. The document will be a very useful reference and also acts as a record of my discussion with Paul. Before I meet him for the next week, basically I will always refer back to the previous documented progress report and try to ensure that I reach all the targets for last week and if not, I need to standby with the reasons.

How to document that? 
This is my weekly progress report for your reference. Mine is slightly differ from the others, I think. Anyway, the template designs totally depend on you.The sentences highlighted in green needed further revision by me. Before the next meeting, I will double check that I have covered all the red points and once I have covered the points, I will change the red colour to black. This method is to make sure that I didn't miss what should I know and discuss with Paul.


Date: 14.11.2016
Day: Monday
Time: 1.30pm
Paul & me

1.     Overview of target Nov – Dec 2016
Didn’t reach the target for Capillary imaging.
1.     What happened if the ambulatory monitor didn’t work?
2.     What is the SOP for CPEX?
3.     The principle behind Capillary imaging
4.     What represent the reading on 24 hours BP monitor?
5.     Why should maintained more than 60 cycles/min? What are the meaning of other values V’02, PRE, etc?

Afifah, please answer all these questions before next week.

Whatever you do, try to think:
1.     What are the measurements for?
2.     How to do the measurement?
3.     How to relate with you PhD
2.     Literature review
Paul asked me about literature review. What did I read?
Please read on PE and echocardiography. Next week explain to Paul. –

Read stress echo by Huck – find the gap

Try to find your interest


3.     Echocardiography
What have you achieved??
You should be able to do parasternal view by next week

Please give more focus as echocardiography will be your MAIN FOCUS.

4.     MRI
What have you achieved??
Understand the anatomy.


GOALS FOR ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY (Nov – Dec 2016)        
Parasternal (long axis)
21 Nov

Parasternal (short axis)
21 Nov

Apical
28 Nov

Subcostal
5 Dec

Suprasternal
5 Dec


GOALS FOR VISIT & STUDY ADMIN– TEPHRA                        
(Nov – Dec 2016)        

BOS (powerful online survey)
Now
Trialspark
4 Nov
TEPHRA email
4 Nov
Acuity
11 Nov

MRI safety
25 Nov
GCP Certificate
Nov
Honorary contract
Nov
Screening visit
1 Nov
BP Cuff monitor
2 Nov
Vicorder
4 Nov
10 minutes walk
4 Nov
Bio Impedance
4 Nov
Blood pipette
4 Nov
Capillary imaging
9 Nov

SPIRO
15 Nov

Retinal imaging
15 Nov

Venepuncture
Dec

Echocardiography
Dec/Jan

CPET
Dec




























Where to save it?
Make a folder in google drive, Dropbox etc, whenever you are convenient. 



-PhD is your journey. Live through it and go for it-








No comments:

Post a Comment